Dr Rakan Alharbi
Islamic Law (Saudi Arabia), LLM, SJD (United States)
Subject of Research
The Development of Legislative Drafting in Saudi Arabia: New Shift Toward Codification of Sharia.
Dr. Alharbi (Saudi Arabia) is an Assistant Professor of Law at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals. Alharbi worked as a counsel for the Main Committee for Preparing the Judicial Legislations.
Alharbi Trained in both law and Sharia and his research work encompasses a variety of topics, including, legal drafting, law and culture, and law-making. He is an author of numerous pieces on range of topics even broader than he teaches, including governance in the public sector, private law, legislative drafting , and law policy. His current research focusses on the development of legislative drafting and law-making process in Saudi Arabia.
- Alharbi Rakan., Four Year Experiment in the Public Sector: Analytical Study of Governance Model for Achieving Saudi’s Vision 2030, niversity of Sharjah Journal of Law Sciences, Vol. 19, Issue. 3, September 2022 (Peer-Reviewed Article)
- Alharbi Rakan., Endowments in Saudi Arabia: The Present and the Potential Future, Qadha Journal, Issue. 27, May 2022 (Peer-Reviewed Article)
- Alharbi Rakan., The Role of Governance in the Nonprofit Sector and the Ways toward Effectiveness, Journal of Sharia and Law University of Emirates, expected to publish on Issue. 35, July 2023 (Peer-Reviewed Article)
- Alharbi Rakan., The Legality of Decisions Taken To Restrict Freedom of Travel In Light of The Corona Pandemic In Saudi Arabia: (A Comparative Study), Al-Zarqa Journal For Research And Human Studies, expected to publish on February 2023 (Peer-Reviewed Article)
- Alharbi Rakan., Toward the Development of Saudi Women’s Right: Theory, Practice, Challenges, and Potential Solutions, Printed by Robert McKinney School of Law at Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis, 2017. (PhD Thesis).
- Alharbi Rakan., The Legality of Use of Force From the United States Against Syria under the Rule of United Nations”, 2015
- Alharbi Rakan., Comparative Analysis for Marriage Law under Islamic Law Between Saudi Arabia and Egypt”, The Degree Master of Law at University of Missouri- Kansas City, 2014 (Master Thesis )